We purchased our house through a short sale. If you don't know what a short sale is it's anything but a SHORT sale. 9 months it took, of waiting, placing offers on other houses but always loosing out to someone with a bigger offer, more waiting until finally the word came that the short sale had gone through! Well 9 months of nobody living in the house had taken it's toll on the landscaping. When we moved in most of the landscaping was dead. What was left was planted in bad locations and with no thought or design at all. In order to paint the house and eventually create a more cohesive and drought tolerant landscape we have pretty much ripped everything out. In the after photos you are going to see a pretty sad landscape but that will hopefully be changing soon! 2011 is going to be filled with many many weekends of landscaping projects, this is when we will really see the house come together, I can't wait!
So now for the before photos:
Painting the exterior of your house is hard, hard work. If you have the money to pay a professional I highly recommend it! Also, don't skimp on the paint. Pay the extra money for good quality paint. You don't want to be out there doing it all over again in a few years. It's VERY time consuming and not cheap.
2010 COMPLETED EXTERIOR PROJECTS:
-Removed overgrown and dead plants.
- Stripped and painted all windows
- Repaired glazing on windows (the stuff that holds the glass in the window frame).
- Painted entire house exterior
- Stripped blue sidewalk going to front door
- Painted front porch and stairs (was blue)
- Painted blue railing black
- Repaired door bell
- Landscaping, lots of it.
- New wood porch on front of house (probably won't happen in 2011 but it's a possibility)
- Get rid of ugly security gate on the front door and replace with a nice period style front door.
- New backdoor light fixture
- Widen driveway with bricks (in the works now, photos will be coming in a few weeks!)