Monday, June 21, 2010

Still painting...

So it's been awhile since my last post. Why is this you ask? Because we are STILL painting the outside of the house. If you have the money I highly recommend hiring somebody to do it because it's hard work and our house is only 820 sq ft! If you're crazy like us though you can paint it yourself, saving a lot of money. Don't think you're going to finish in just 2 or 3 weekends though, oh no, try 2 or 3 months, 5 or 6 even!



Inside the house we used Home Depot Behr paint but I decided for the outside to splurge and use the Sherwin Williams Duration paint. I read a lot of good things about this paint and I didn't want to be back outside painting the house again in another 2-3 years. This paint must be made out of gold because it costs $48/gallon. It goes on really well though and sticks! Plus they guarantee it will last for the entire time you own your home. What I want to know is if it doesn't last do they not only give you free paint but somebody to come paint too? We just have one side of the house left and the garage and then we are done! I'm so ready to move on to the landscaping, I have so many ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment